After You’ve Paid Your Mortgage…

Make sure to save your “Paid-in-Full” letter as this may come in handy later on down the road.

The lender should send the re-conveyance document (the document needed to remove the loan from the title) to the county recorder. From there the county will send the re-conveyance document to the property.

If you have an impound account remind the mortgage company to notify the insurance company and county tax assessor to start sending the bills directly to the owners.

If you do not receive your “Paid-in-Full” letter you will need to contact your lender directly.